Good Morning Delicious
Posted on January 17, 2013
So as an American living Ireland, one thing people do not get here is eating things like muffins for breakfast. Muffins here are actually eaten as dessert, warmed up with ice cream.
While it does sound delicious, sometimes you just want something sweet for breakfast! French toast here has no cinnamon or syrup, just eggs and milk. Sweet bread is never eaten for breakfast and pancakes don’t really exist.
It’s something I seriously miss about home, especially on the weekends. So this weekend I plan on making one of these seriously delicious sounding breakfasts:
- Biscuit cinnamon rolls from Joy the Baker
- Crepes with strawberries, peaches and cinnamon yogurt from A Couple of Cooks
- Creme brulee french toast from Smitten Kitchen
- Sourdough strawberry waffles from Annie’s Eats
- Blueberry coffee cake muffins from Ezra Pound Cake
What’s your favorite sweet breakfast item to eat? Is it Sunday brunch time yet?!