Posted on August 6, 2012
I feel like this summer just trickled by but at the same time it seems like it was just May.
Saturday and Sunday was a lazy, un-crazy first weekend of August and my best friend spontaneously came to visit from upstate S.C.
We spent most of the weekend lounging by the pool when it wasn’t raining and it’s great to spend time with her relaxing.
I’m looking forward to a few more relaxing weekends before things really start getting busy.
Here’s my week/weekend notes:
- A tax-free weekend here in S.C. brought me for a trip to the outlets and I finally got these sneakers I have wanted for ages, a semi-barefoot running shoe that I cannot wait to try out. Since I was at the outlet I got them for half the price, score.
- Since the weather has been so stormy here in Charleston the flowers have had a lot to drink and outside of the city they are blooming like crazy.
- I moved this week to a brand new house away from downtown and fit all that you see above in my tiny car. It was hectic and all over the place but I’m happy it’s over for now.
- This week I was dog-sitting and after running around all day we got to just hang out, eat too much ice cream, watch the Olympics and fall asleep at nine.
- When it wasn’t raining this week and I wasn’t packing or moving, I was able to take long bike rides around the city, since it was my last week living downtown. I’m already missing it, but excited to live in a new area.
Hope you all had a nice weekend and have been enjoying eating too much ice cream and watching the Olympics, just like me.