Teach me how to Dougie
Posted on September 2, 2011
Hello, I Love, I Need readers! Karoline here, or “Miss” to my middle school students. Unfortunately, you won’t be learning how to Dougie in this post…I just thought it was funny…but if you’re interested, please refer to this video. On the same topic of dances my students have taught me, you can also check out the Jerk. Anyway, I digress.
Here in New York City, the first day of school is next week, so I’ve been reassessing my wardrobe and finding all kinds of staples and accessories that I “need” for the year. My typical requirements for a work outfit are comfort and versatility, but of course, I also want to look professional and polished. Anyone who knows me or has peeked in my closet is aware of my tendency to wear black and gray. In the pieces here, the black is evident—I can’t help it!—but this school year I’m aiming for pops of color and simple yet fun accessories. And if I get good grades this year, can someone please buy me this Kate Spade bag? Happy back to school shopping!
1. This J. Crew pencil skirt is such a great jewel tone — and the other color options are adorable as well.
2. I wonder if these grown-up Vera Wang penny loafers are comfortable enough to wear for a full day of standing up…
3. The fact that this Madewell hole punch tee bears the name of a school supply is perfection.
4. A croc-embossed Michael Kors watch can be worn with both professional and casual attire.
5. I love the detail on Anthropolgie’s cardigan.
6. This Kenneth Cole modern vintage necklace is unexpected and a bit different.
7. Like I said, can someone please buy me this Kate Spade Cooper Square Katarina bag? Santa?
Thanks to Jess and Lucy, two of my favorite sisters and friends, for welcoming a guest post!