It may not be surprising to hear that Jess and I are huge fans of lists. I always have at least three to-do lists on the go and without them I’d be totally lost. You know those tests they make you take in school that tell you what type of learner you are? Well I’m totally a visual learner. If you tell me something I’m really likely to forget it, unless I write it down. In college if I had professor that didn’t lecture with accompanying slides, I had to really really focus to take in what they were saying. Talk radio goes over my head and I hate to say this but I struggle to pay attention to podcasts and the like.
So when I first saw this planner on kickstarter for the Passion Planner, I thought it was right up my alley. And Jess’ alley. And my best friend’s alley. And pretty much everyone in their twenties alley… which is exactly who is designed for. Looks like I’m not alone in wanting to share this project, as the original goal was $10,000 for this – they smashed this and raised over $425,000. Watch the video below:
Because the creator wishes she had a tool like this planner when she was lost, she’s made it as a free PDF to download if you share it on social media. If you send them a link or screenshot, they’ll email you a copy of the 2015 planner. Cool right? A great way to kick off the new year and get started on your goals.
I have to be honest with you all here. My favorite part of Christmas is not what you’d expect. Not that I don’t love the twinkly lights or the Christmas ads… my favorite is not the festive feeling and it’s not the peppermint bark (ok maybe that is a little bit), but it’s wrapping the gifts. I love wrapping presents and will always love laying on our living room floor making a huge mess (sorry, mom), with tape and paper scraps everywhere.
So in previous years around the blog I’ve posted some of my favorite gift wrapping ideas I’ve seen (like here and here) and this year should be no different. This year I might be a bit early (for some reason I’ve thought a lot about the gift wrapping and haven’t bought/thought of a single present yet!) but oh well. Here’s ten wonderful ideas I’ve seen recently to elevate your typical present under the tree.
- I love the pastel gift wrapping from DesignLove Fest
- Instagram gift tags!!! This is amazing.
- Splatter paint gift wrap + a sprig of the tree, any reason to make a mess really.
- This simple kraft paper with a photo is a really nice idea.
- Really loving the bright green stripe of the paper + a big bow. But the real star of the show is the free downloadable gift tags.
- Chalkboard gift wrap gives you the freedom to doodle/write whatever you like
- This glitter idea is really cute – but I’m wondering about execution if you get glitter everywhere or not
- A big, pretty ribbon to wrap around a present… easy and simple yet pretty
- Can’t forget the simplest, a Christmas gift box
- And finally, loving this wonderful snowy gift wrapping
And finally can we talk about one of my favorite ideas recently? A gift stash for when you’re stuck without a small present. Read about it on You Are My Fave.
True life: I may or may not have had a little too much fun at the Packers bar yesterday to give you the weekend rundown you deserve (or at least have come to expect here on Mondays) so instead, I’d like to offer you some stunning Flickr photos of New York City in the fall* to keep you–aka me–feeling warm and fuzzy about the season as we stare down the barrel of a polar vortex heading our way tomorrow and Wednesday.
Hope you all had fun and relaxing weekends. And, on another note, I’d like to wish a very happy birthday to our mom, the woman who taught us what Sunday Funday is all about :) love you!
*Click on the picture to be taken directly to the image and user on Flickr.
For those of you who don’t know – it’s actually not November, but Moevember. And no we’re not talking about Movember, the holiday where a lot of dudes grow mustaches to raise money for men’s health (which is totally important by the way), but MOEvember. As in our very own mama, Moe Dev.
Today is her birthday (happy birthday, Mom!!!!) but we celebrate Moevember all month long. So we wanted to share what we’d put in a Moevember gift box if we had lots and lots of money and also because it’s gift giving season, and if you have someone really cool in your life – maybe you can get a few good ideas :)
- a pair of really fun pants
- a cute shade of nail polish, and half the fun is the name of the nail polish anyway
- her own to-go coffee mug, since anytime we’re home we steal/lose them
- a funny card
- a cool bracelet to match other army candy she’s acquired over the years
- a fancy eyeshadow compact to highlight those blue eyes
- her favorite gum… I think she always has a pack on her at all times
- a pair of happy socks to make her smile
- a six-pack of her favorite beer
- a super fun pair of shoes that will still be quite comfortable
- a fancy 2015 planner to remind her of her fabulous European adventure
- and finally, a scarf to brighten up grey, chilly winter days
We cannot think of anyone who deserves a birthday month more (and she really does love her birthday) and we wish we were cheersing with you today. However, see ya next week when we can give you your birthday gifts and we can celebrate properly in person!
1. | 2. | 3. | 4. | 5. | 6. | 7.
I know this was a big thing last year, but everyone still just as in love with wine-colored everything for fall like I am? Good, just checking. Also, I love I need those earrings, big time. That’s all!